Thursday, February 8, 2018
7:45 am – 1:30 pm
Prince Waikiki Hotel – Mauna Kea Ballroom
IS HAWAII’S VISITOR INDUSTRY PREPARED FOR 2018?
IMPORTANT NOTE: Prompted by Monday night’s tsunami alert and the earlier ballistic missile false alarm, the focus of the lunch panel has shifted to a timely discussion of the visitor industry’s preparedness to respond to man-made and natural disasters.
Hawaii sailed into 2018 on the momentum of six straight years of record visitor arrivals and Q1 double digit growth in air seats to Hawaii. Can we fill our rooms and seats, sustaining that growth? Find out what our line-up of experts think. In addition to the annual economic and visitor industry forecasts, this year’s forum will also feature a panel of representatives from Hawaii’s hotels, retailers and the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency to highlight the industry’s emergency preparedness initiatives. Their insights will help you better prepare and prosper in 2018.
7:45 am – 8:30 am
Registration (continental breakfast)
8:30 am – 9:45 am
Session I: Economic Trends & Forecasts
Moderator: Chris Kam, Executive VP, Market Insights & Development, OmniTrak Group
- Eugene Tian, Ph.D., Chief Economist, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism
- Joseph Toy, President & CEO, Hospitality Advisors, LLC
- Paul Brewbaker, Principal, TZ Economics
9:45 am – 10:30 am
Session II: Industry Update
- Toni Marie David, A3H – Activities & Attractions Association of Hawaii
- Scott Maroney, Retail Merchants of Hawaii
10:30 am – 11:35 am
Session III: Marketing Effectiveness
- Frank Haas, Hospitality & Tourism Education Dept., Kapiolani Community College
- Jeffrey Eslinger, DK Shifflet & Associates
11:45 am – 1:30 pm
Luncheon Session: Security – Are We Prepared?
Moderator: Bobbie Okamoto, Hawai‘i Visitors & Convention Bureau
- Jerry Dolak, Director of Security & Safety, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Hawai‘i Hotel & Visitor Security
- Jeff Staheli, Director of Security, International Market Place, Allied Universal (International Market
Place/Royal Hawaiian Center/AMC)
- Jennifer Walter, Preparedness Branch Chief, Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA)
$145 PATA Members
$145 TTRA Members
$1,015 Table Sponsor (7)
Hotel Self Parking – $8
Hotel Valet – $11
Please RSVP by February 2, 2018. We look forward to seeing you there!